Low/High Variable Speeds 150-2000rpm; Variable Speeds 200-1300rpm; Variable Speeds 300-2000rpm. 2011 is Clausing's 100 year anniversary; to celebrate our first 100 years and the return of drill press production to America, Clausing will manufacture the 100th Anniversary Commemorative Drill Press throughout 2011
|Clausing Variable Speed 20" Drill Presses|
|Capacity, hand feed|| |
1.25" (31.75mm) dia
|Production rated, with optional power feed, 1-1/2 Hp motor|| |
1.125" (28.6mm) in cast iron, .875" (22.2mm) in mild steel
|Drill to center of circle|| |
20" (508mm) dia.
|Spindle nose|| |
No. 3MT, 1.74" (44.2mm) OD
|Spindle travel|| |
ground steel, 4" (102mm) dia., 0.5" (12.7mm) thick wall
|Quill (ground steel)|| |
2.5" (63.5mm) dia.
|Quill return spring, capacity|| |
40 lbs (18kg)
|Table, Drill Press A (Floor Drill)|
|Working surface|| |
22" x 19.5" (559 x 495mm)
|Table slots|| |
two, 15.5" (394mm) long, for .5" (12.7mm) T-bolt
|Table travel, one setting|| |
|Spindle to table, maximum|| |
|Base, Drill Press A (Floor Drill)|
|Working surface, ground|| |
15.5" x 13" (394 x 330mm)
|Base T-slots|| |
two, 13" (330mm) long, for .5" (12.7mm) T-bolt
|Spindle to Base, maximum|| |
|Drill Press B (Low/High Head & Col.)|
|Column bracket to center of spindle|| |
|Column to center of spindle|| |
|Spindle to table, max. distance|| |
|Column length|| |
|Min. center to center distance|| |
|Motor ... NEMA Frame Sizes|| |
182 and 184
|Shipping weights (approximate, with motors) and overall dimensions|
|Drill Press A|| |
630 lbs. (286kg); 22" (559mm) w x 36" (914mm) d x
|Drill Press B|| |
390 lbs. (177kg); 20" (508mm)w x 3.25" (870mm) d x 51.625" (1311mm) h
|FURNISHED: No. 3 MT spindle; elevating mechanism; switch; belt guard; spindle guard. Motors and switches are installed and wired, ready to connect to power. Single phase motors have 8' three-wire cord and plug.|
|(Specifications subject to change without notification)|
Clausing Variable Speed 20" Drill Press
- 150 to 2000 rpm... speeds to drill large holes, small holes to spot face, counterbore and ream.
- A flip of the switch changes from low range to high range, perfect for production applications with quick change tooling.
- Greater capacity, too, with Clausing LOW/HIGH, production rated 1-1/8" in cast iron, 7/8" in steel with optional power feed.
- Heavy-duty precision head... all bearing surfaces are precision bored simultaneously for exact alignment. Eight ball bearings support the drive and spindle, lower spindle bearing has a double row to absorb both radial and thrust loads.
- 3 MT spindle... with 6-1/2" travel, 2-1/2" diameter quill and micrometer depth stop.
- 4" column with 1/2" thick wall for great rigidity, accuracy.
- Precision ground 22" x 19" oil trough table, handles large parts and fixtures.
- Three V-belts and a cog belt transmit positive power to the spindle.
- Variable and spindle pulleys are cast iron, fully machined and balanced.